Good morning all!
As promised, I’m sharing my most favorite recipe for a green juice with you. I usually make it as a smoothie, but lately I’ve been loving it as a juice. You can make it either way. And the best part? You only need a blender for both versions! And it doesn’t need to be an expensive one either – my blender cost $25 and it does it all. Sure, the veggie smoothies are not as smooth as they could be, but they’re still healthy and that’s what matters, right?
The ingredients are simple and you can change them up as you’d like. I LOVE to make this juice when I’m sick and add ginger to it – it works almost right away!
- 1 apple
- 1/2 lemon – squeeze the juice out
- 1/2 water – if your blender is high quality you may need to use less
- 3 celery sticks
- 1 heaping cup of kale
- 2 medium carrots
- 1. Put all the ingredients into blender starting with water and lemon juice. Put celery and kale first because they’re softer and then follow with apple and carrots.
- 2. Blend until everything is chopped up nicely, but you don’t have to make sure it’s super smooth because you’ll be straining it.
- 3. Put cheese cloth over a strainer that is sitting over a bowl and pour half the juice in. Let it strain for a bit and then grab the cheese cloth and press until all the juice comes out.
- 4. Repeat until the whole juice is strained
- 5. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
- 6. Share with loved ones 🙂