Accidental discovery is the best, wouldn’t you agree? After all, some of the most innovative things and theories were stumbled upon accidentally. Much like these crèpes! Here I was one morning, making regular American pancakes with recipe from One Ingredient Chef and ended up with crèpes. But hey, no complaints here! With few modifications I figured out how to make them again and again on purpose 🙂
Back home, we had these for lunch sometimes filled with jam or nutella, or whatever fruits we liked, topped with whipped cream and cacao. In Paris, you find nutella filled crèpes on every corner and they’re delicious. It’s time to make healthy crèpes you don’t have to feel guilty for eating!
I also got to try out Justin’s hazelnut chocolate butter for the first time. If you follow me on Instagram you know I love his chocolate peanut butter cups. Not like homemade, but great if you don’t have time to make your own. I’m obsessed. This hazelnut butter is yummy, but I bit sweet for my taste so I’ll be making my own next time, which is what I usually do anyway.
My first hand mixer finally came in the mail the other day so I HAD TO put it to use. Hence – the coconut whipped cream 🙂 One ingredient, that’s it. Super easy. These are simple, yummy and all vegan! Enjoy 😉
- 1 cup whole what flour
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 flaxseed egg (1tbsp ground flaxseed + 2.5 tbsp water)
- 1 cup + 3 tbsp non dairy milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 can coconut cream chilled overnight (I used Trader Joe’s)
- raw cacao powder for topping
- Make flaxseed egg and let it rest for a bit.
- Mix vinegar and nut milk and let it curdle.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Once flaxseed egg is ready and milk has curdled, mix them with the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and slowly add the wet mix while stirring. Don’t over-mix – stir slowly, but efficiently so all the ingredients combine fast.
- Spray a small pan with coconut oil and pour a thin layer of the mixture on a warmed up pan.
- Once you see bubbles and the dough changing texture (being cooked) it’s time to flip.
- Repeat until you use up all the dough and let the pancakes rest on cookie grid.
- Open coconut oil can without shaking.
- Scoop the cream out into a bowl without mixing in the coconut water. Mix a bit with hand mixer, about a minute or two.
- Fill your crepes with desired fruit/nut butters and top with coconut cream and cacao powder.
- Share with loved ones!