Have you ever wished to have a desert for lunch or dinner? It’s my (almost) daily struggle. But you know what? Problem solved! This mousse is light, it’s creamy, while still having a rich texture AND it’s super healthy with no added sugar, oil, or flour. BAM! Make it right now 🙂
“So what’s the secret ingredient?” You may ask. You’ve probably seen vegan chocolate mousse made with avocado before. Well, this is not one of those posts. I like the avocado one as well, but I wanted to create something for those who don’t particularly enjoy that taste. Or for those who like their avocado mousse, but want to change it up a bit. Or for everyone.
My hubby is very supportive of my work, but doesn’t always try everything and that’s ok. I never thought he’d like this mousse, but he just couldn’t stop eating it! It’s so filling and nutritious it’s perfect for any time of the day, really. I really like it as a desert because it has a flavor I can’t quite place – you know the chocolate desserts that taste a bit like rum? Well, I never liked those, but this one has just a slight taste like that and it reminds me of bananas in chocolate pudding I used to have when I was little.
This recipe ensures you’ll get your protein, magnesium, vitamins B6, C and D, iron, magnesium and potassium. You’re also getting “good” sugar that is slowly released into your body and cartenoids which help your eyes. From what?? Sweet potatoes! So easy, so quick, so yummy and satisfying. You’re welcome. I’m so excited I made this!
- 4 – 5 cups sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Chop sweet potatoes and steam them until soft. It should take about 20 minutes.
- Let them cool down for a bit and put into food processor or a high speed blender.
- Add cacao powder and almond milk and process until mousse-y smooth.
- Scoop into bowls and add desired fruits.
- Enjoy with loved ones.
- You can add more milk for runnier consistency.
- Bananas add sweet taste so you definitely won’t need to add sugar.
- Add other fruit to change up the taste.