Hey there fake and healthy Raffaello!
Lately, I’ve been on Organic Burst addiction so when I saw this recipe I HAD TO make it. I made some changes, as usual and I am obsessed! Also I bought organic orange flavor and I’ve been making all things orange all weekend. Literally. And mint because that’s also what I bought 😀 I love the flavors because they have no added sugar or alcohol and you don’t need to use much to get a nice distinct flavor. Stay tuned for more goodness 😉
Who loves/used to love Raffaello coconut balls? I was obsessed until a couple of years ago. Then I started changing my treats into their healthier versions so I no longer liked them. However, I love coconut anything. And these are SO CLOSE to Raffaello it’s insane. To sweeten, they only have brown rice syrup which is created by fermenting rice and I love it because it’s not overly sweet. You need about 5 minutes prep, besides soaking the almonds, and then have fun rolling them in coconut. I say include your loved ones and have fun together.
- 4 tbsp brown rice syrup
- 5 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut + extra for rolling
- 1 1/2 cups almonds soaked
- 1 tsp orange flavor
- dash of pink himalayan salt
- Soak almonds for at least 2 hours.
- Peel the skin off – it shouldn’t be that hard. I “squeezed” each almond and it just slipped out of the skin.
- Add all of the ingredients together in a food processor. Blend on hight until a paste forms and transfer into a bowl.
- Add shredded coconut into a separate bowl.
- Roll balls in the palm of your hands and roll in coconut.
- Refrigerate or freeze based on preferred texture. I put mine in the fridge.
- Keep in the fridge/freezer until ready to serve.
A small note – my blog has been getting a lot of love from peeps from back home so I’ll be translating my recipes to Slovak from now on as well. Drahí sloveskí čitatelia, ďakujem Vám za čítanie môjho blogu. Ak sú nejaké recepty ktoré by ste chceli vidieť, napíšte mi a ja sa ich pokúsim “zveganizovať.” Odteraz tu budem dávat recepty aj v slovenčine aby ste si ich nemuseli prekladať.