Fun fact: We lived in California for 10 years before finally moving to the beautiful Washington state.
Fun fact 2: Before I became a green smoothie fanatic I used to go to a local smoothie place called “Blenders in the Grass” where I had my first encounter with Acai bowl, peanut butter smoothie and, my favorite – strawberry colada. Oh boy, did I love that smoothie! It was my one smoothie I ate with a spoon 🙂 I thought of it this weekend which inspired me to make something similar. (Also, I bought these new ramekins and what better color to go with mint than pink/red? :D)
Now, these bad boys are a simpler versions of that smoothie for easier preparation and more distinct strawberry and coconut flavor. I really wanted a white crust and I got it 🙂 Oats, banana and coconut – bam! My new favorite crust was born. I also used only 6 ingredients for the whole recipe! That’s right, really easy – 10 minutes of prep, pop in the freezer and in a couple of hours they’re done! You can also store them in a fridge for a softer bite. The best is the mix of both – frozen and then put into the fridge about half an hour before enjoying.
So what are you waiting for! Go make them and let me know how you like them. I’ll let you in on a secret – these are perfect for that late night craving 😉
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 3/4 cup large coconut shavings
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1 cup cashews, soaked over night
- Put coconut flakes in food processor and process until some of the oil comes through, or until it becomes coconut butter if you want a smoother consistency.
- Next add oats and slowly the melted coconut oil until a dough forms.
- Prepare ramekins by sprinkling a bit of coconut flakes (the small bits) on the bottom – this will prevent the dough from sticking to the ramekin.
- Divide the dough in three and start pressing in the bottom of ramekins.
- Put in the freezer until you prep the filling – it should take a long time for them to harden.
- Super simple – put all ingredients into food processor, or a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour over the crust and freeze until firm.
- Enjoy with loved ones!