me: hey babes, I made these amazing maca squares just now!
hubby: I don’t like coconut. I’m kinda over it.
me: ok. I’ll go take a nap because I’m tired.
I come back and half the bars are gone.
Do you need any more proof that you need to make these?
These squares are your ultimate energy snack. Dates, almond, cacao and coconut to begin with and the amazingness (is that a word?) of maca can’t even compare.
Have school and a lot of studying? Make these.
Are you a parent (doesn’t matter what age your kids are, right?)? Make these.
Did you just come home and want to go to gym, but you don’t quite feel the energy? MAKE THESE!
This recipe is so simple to make. I love Organic Burst, as you may know, and I’ve been wanting to try maca for such a long time, but was hesitant for some reason. I researched and researched and then I finally dove in. This company is simply beyond amazing! Btw, they have in no way sponsored this post, I just love them 🙂 If you want to try any superfoods I highly recommend them. The maca they have is a blend of 4 different kinds to provide the best outcome. The first thing I did when I received my first order was to sniff it because I’ve heard various things about maca’s scent. Well, look no further because this one smells amazing! Do this for me, will ya? Close your eyes and inhale and let your senses process it. See? Very unique, huh? Of course, if you’d like to make these without maca, or another brand that you like that’s absolutely fine. They will still be just as amazing. Please enjoy and let me know how you like them!
- 1/2 cup dates, soaked
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk, or as needed
- 1 tbsp maca
- coconut for sprinkling
- Soak almonds in warm water for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Add all ingredients, except maca into food processor and blend until dough forms.
- If you feel the dough is too thick add more almond milk, little by little.
- Transfer into a bowl and add maca. Mix well.
- Pour into a baking dish lined with parchment paper and press down firmly with a spoon. If too sticky, wet the bottom of the spoon.
- Sprinkle coconut on top and put in a freezer for about 30 – 60 minutes.
- Take out, cut into squares and enjoy with loved ones!