The best food ever.
There’s never enough of it.
And yet, as I’m sitting here, trying to write about it I’m drawing a blank. Full on blank. Maybe everything has already been said about it. I mean, we all know how amazing it is, right?
I’ve been recently making it with cacao butter and I love it. It keeps its consistency better and it smells like heaven too. Sometimes I go crazy and I feel like a real chocolatier – I stir, I pour into molds and I even wrap my chocolate bon bons into foil. That’s right. That’s how much I like it. And guess what? My son started to eat the chocolate I make once he saw it wrapped in a foil so now I won’t ever stop doing it. It’s actually kind of therapeutic for me, just like making almond milk. Has anyone else experienced that?
Here I go – complaining I can’t write anything and now I’m blabbing.
Recipe of the day is crispy rice chocolate! It’s simple and totally customizable.
You can fill the chocolate with whatever you’d like – nuts, dried fruit, etc… Let me know if you make it and you like it! I’m on Instagram most often so tag me 😉
- 1/4 cup cacao butter
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp gluten free crispy rice cereal – I used Nature’s Path
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or other natural sweetener
- Put cacao butter, coconut oil and maple syrup in a small pot on a low/med heat to melt and combine. Make sure it doesn’t reach the boiling point.
- Add cacao powder until the mixture becomes nice and creamy.
- Pour a little into a chocolate mold, cover with crispy rice and add another layer. If the cereal floats just push it down with your fingers.
- Let cool in the fridge for 30-60mins.
- Break apart and enjoy with loved ones!