Aaand, another cheesecake is here 🙂 Yes, it is and it’s been too long. I love vegan cheesecakes because they’re an amazing snack full of nutrition and flavor. So simple and so delicious. This cheesecake is only 5 ingredients. Yes, it’s that easy. Can you believe it? You better.
Remember how I told you I didn’t really like dates until I decided to step outside the box and try them? Well, I’ve been loving them ever since. I love dates filled with peanut butter as a snack at work.
Dates and almonds are the only two ingredients you need for the crust! I couldn’t decide what to use as toppings/sprinkles until I realized my beloved Organic Burst Spirulina granules were the perfect match – they’re green which matches matcha (ha), they look like sprinkles AND they are filled with amazing health benefits. You can’t go wrong with them.
And matcha – I’ve been wanting to try matcha for so long! Its amazing health benefits were one reason (antioxidants and energy boost, just to name a couple). Also, I’m a sucker for anything colorful, so there. Unusually looking foods are my favorite. I love to shock, what can I say. Not that matcha is that shocking, but it did create a green cake, so kinda. I took this to work and the response was overwhelmingly positive, even by meat eaters 😛 I love this cheesecake as a snack or a treat. So go and make it and let me know if you love it as much as I do.
- 1 cup dates, soaked 15 minutes
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours
- 1 tbsp matcha (I accidentally bought sweetened one, but if you have regular sweeten with preferred sweetener)
- Optional, but highly recommended: Spirulina granules
- Put almonds and dates into food processor and blend until dough forms.
- Press into cake form, I used a 9 inch. Put into freezer while preparing filling.
- In a high speed blender (or food processor) put the filling ingredients and blend until super smooth.
- Pour over the base and put into freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Share with loved ones frozen or chilled. It will hold form out of fridge too.