Summer is here! Or so we thought. Here in the Pacific NW, the sun and temperatures keep teasing us – it’s nice and warm for a couple of days and then it’s back to colder and rainy days. I’ve heard that’s normal. Last year was amazing, warm starting in March. Not this year. I LOVE summer months. Going out is so much fun, enjoying the temperature, the smell of grass, being near water. I have yet to experience that this year. So, if the summer is hesitant to come I’ve decided to make my own summer with these yummy cashew popsicles 🙂
Popsicles are so easy to make! It’s an amazing snack and your kids will love you for letting them eat some. You can spend time together making them and you can personalize them in so many different ways! In the summer, I make them quite a lot and change it up, but this time I wanted to make them unusual – hence the cashews. The chocolate recipe for topping can be found here. Please play around with the sweetener levels so it’s to your liking. Enjoy and I hope, wherever you are, you’re in summer already!
- 1 cup cashew milk (if you want to make your own, just blend 4 cups of water, 1 cup of cashews and a bit of salt)
- 2 cups frozen mango
- 1 date
- chocolate and nuts for topping
- Blend all of the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Fill popsicle molds with small pieces of cashews and pour the blended mix in.
- Mix a little so that the nuts get distributed into most parts of the mold.
- Freeze until solid.
- Once ready to serve, make your own chocolate or melt bought one and pour over popsicles.
- Finish with nuts or sprinkles of choice.
- Enjoy with loved ones!