Chocolate chips. Do they need an introduction? An explanation? A direction on how to use them? Nah…But I do have to share them with all of you because they’re so yummy and good and easy to make – I know I say that about all of my recipes 😀 I showed you guys how to make chocolate before and I stand by my “make it your own” rule. Adjust the sweetener levels to your liking and you can even adjust the cacao butter level if you’d like less of it. I used to do half and half ratio for coconut oil and cacao butter, but I found out that I (and my stomach) like a bit less of cacao butter, usually about half the amount of coconut oil.
These can also be made with just coconut oil, cacao powder and sweetener of choice, but I think adding cacao butter benefits them greatly – mostly, it helps keep their shape longer as it doesn’t melt as fast as coconut oil.
If you want to see a short video of me making them, go here.
Make them and add them to anything you’d like. I love them in my purple sweet potato pudding!
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao butter
- about 1 cup of cacao powder
- about 1/3 cup of sweetener of choice (adjust based on preference)
- Melt coconut oil, sweetener and cacao butter on low heat.
- Be careful not to bring to boil.
- Once everything is melted, add cacao powder little by little until creamy consistency is achieved.
- Let the mixture cool down a bit, but not so as is hardens.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour into decorating cupcake bag or a ziploc, cut off small triangle on the bottom and make chocolate chips.
- Once all mixture is used up place baking sheet into freezer.
- Store in the freezer or fridge.
- Enjoy with loved ones!