I married my hubby almost 9 years ago in Hawaii. When we were planning our wedding he said his only wish is to marry me in Hawaii. Well, no problem there! 🙂 We started planning things, thinking about dates figuring out what combination would be cool and then we realized we couldn’t wait over 6 months to do it so we were married about 2 weeks later. It was hopelessly romantic even though I was sick and had fever the whole time.
Hawaii is a magical place. It is also a place where I had shaved ice/snow cones for the first time ever. Boy oh boy, they were so amazing I couldn’t get enough! Every time I see snow cones somewhere I think of those 2 kids that got married during a beautiful hawaiian sunset, looking into each other’s eyes, having no idea what the future holds for them. We have come a long way since and so has my love for food, especially healthy food. And when I found out that my AMAZING Blendtec can make shaved ice I couldn’t wait to make it! And the juice? Simple – 2 ingredients. Ch-ch-ch-check it out 😉
- ~ 4 cups of ice cubes
- ~ 1/2 cup of watermelon juice
- 2-5 basil leaves (based on taste preference)
- Blend the ice for 5-10 seconds in high speed blender until the ice is completely “shaved.”
- Put into cups and pack tightly.
- Blend watermelon and basil leaves together to create juice. Basil can be optional but is very healthy and yummy.
- Pour over ice and enjoy with loved ones!